Try this hipster recipe for your doggo!
March 14, 2018
From Top Chef to the bottom of the bowl, humans are spoilt for choice when it comes to what we chew. There’s everything from Yotam Ottolenghi’s cuisine to your mum’s magical cooking. But what about dogs? If you spent your life loving and protecting the people who put food on your doggy plate, would you really want the same food, day after day? No wonder they wander off and eat things out of dustbins when they can or worse. To honour canine taste buds, and kitty ones, too, we are launching a series of recipes designed for dogs and cats (and maybe a few other animal friends). We’ll be digging around the office and the internet over the next months for suitable recipes to make your mutt howl with happiness.
In honour of Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day (Feb 23rd) – and because we believe in biscuits EVERY day – swap tedium for taste bomb and get the ol’ canine teeth snapping in antici-
pation with this recipe. It’s one for early-adopting, health-conscious hounds (and humans can have a taste, too).
Yummy Dog Biscuit Recipe
- Don’t wolf them all down at once
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 2 mashed Bananas
- ¼ cup unsweetened Peanut Butter*
*Make sure your dog is not allergic to peanut butter. Some pooches are very sensitive to nuts.
WHAT YOU DO:
- Mash the banana and peanut butter.
- Combine the flour and mash.
- Preheat the oven to 160 C.
- Chill the dough for 20 minutes
- Place the dough on a well-floured counter.
- Roll the dough to 85- 130 mm thickness.
- Cut shapes using a cookie cutter (or improvise).
- Poke 4 fork holes into the cookies and place onto a baking tray greased with coconut oil*.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Serve to a deserving pooch or person.
- Place the rest in an air-tight container.
*It’s rare but do make sure your pooch is not allergic to coconut oil. Dogs at risk of pancreatitis and hyperlipidaemia are hypersensitive to it.
We’re thinking gold pooch bombs or kidney-kind meals for kitty next. Got an idea? Or a recipe to share? Tell us about it on Facebook and maybe it’ll go into a real book…
Woofer warning: Do NOT feed your doggle snacks containing any of these foods – they are dangerous for dogs.
Liked this? You’ll love these
July 18, 2019
July 15, 2019
July 11, 2019
July 10, 2019
July 9, 2019
July 8, 2019