Try this delicious ‘Dognut’ recipe!
October 31, 2019
November 1st is National Cook for Your Pets Day!
Wait, what? Can there really be a special day dedicated to cooking for your pets? Fur-sure! Your dogs deserve to be treated with something extra-special – other than the ordinary doggy biscuits – from time to time.
Although it’s tempting to give them the last piece of your cookie or doughnut, it’s best to rather whip up a dog-friendly treat yourself because sugar is no sweet matter when it comes to dogs.
Instead of giving your dog unhealthy human treats, try this easy doggy-approved doughnut recipe! Your pup will drool over the yoghurt frosting and bacon sprinkles. Yum!
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter (NB: No sugar, salt or xylitol!)
- 2 eggs
For the topping:
- Greek yoghurt
- Bacon bits
- Preheat the oven to 190 Degrees Celsius. Spray a doughnut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Grab a large mixing bowl and get down and dirty. Use your hands to mix all the ingredients (except for the yoghurt and bacon bits) into a sticky dough.
- Press scoops of the mix into the doughnut pan. Make sure each space is tightly filled to ensure the doughnuts rise properly.
- Ready, steady, bake! Pop the pan in the oven and bake for 14 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked. (While you wait, you can fetch a quote, and even buy, dotsure.co.za pet cover online in less than 5 minutes!)
- Take the doughnuts out of the oven and set them aside to cool off for a few minutes.
- Now the fun part starts. Decorate these delicious treats with a Greek yoghurt topping sprinkled with bacon bits.
- Place the ‘dognuts’ in the freezer for the yoghurt to set. Take them out after about 20 minutes and serve one to your furry friend.
Now tell them that you ‘dough’ not know what you would do without them and watch them enjoy the fruits (or in this case, doughnuts) of your labour. You can even grab a doughnut yourself if you’re curious about the taste. 😉
- Don’t forget to brush Max’s teeth – here are a few tips on how to brush your dog’s teeth
- You can also treat your dog to a strawberry or three.
Liked this? You’ll love these
November 13, 2019
November 13, 2019
November 8, 2019
November 7, 2019
November 6, 2019
November 1, 2019