July 12, 2018
Where do Golden Retriever come from?
Golden Retrievers are originally from Scotland.
What do Golden Retriever eat?
- Dry dog food (Large breed)
- Moist package food (Large Breed)
- Treats: Doggy biscuits, bones (beef) and meat.
How much should Golden Retriever eat?
Recommended daily amount:
- Adults: 2 to 3 cups of high-quality dry food a day, divided into two meals.
- Puppies: (6 weeks-1 year): 1 cup of dry food.
How big do Golden Retriever get?
- Height: 56 - 61cm
- Weight: 30 - 34kg
- Height: 51 - 56cm
- Weight: 25 - 32kg
How long do Golden Retriever live?
10 - 12 years
Common Golden Retriever diseases/injuries
- Allergies to food and/or pollen
- Elbow Dysplasia
- Cataracts (cloudy spots on the eye lens)
- Cancer (blood vessel and spleen)
Why own a Golden Retriever?
Golden Retrievers are family dogs. They are trustworthy, loyal, active and very playful.
Golden Retriever Temperament
Golden Retrievers are calm and great with people. If they are well-trained and raised, they will be perfect companions.
Did you know?
- Golden Retrievers were originally bred for hunting Wildfowl.
- They are great swimmers and they love water.
- A Goldies holds the record for the loudest bark ever.