5 Holiday tips for pet parents
November 25, 2019
Even though we may not want to believe it, the festive season is only weeks away and the countdown has begun. Though our pets are our priority during the year, with all the end of year stress, hustle and bustle we often find ourselves forgetting about making arrangements for our pets over the December period.
David Roache, from dotsure.co.za, South Africa’s leading pet insurer*, says that arranging our pets care over this period can be very stressful for them and pet parents. “We have found that over this period, there is an increase in claims, this is as a result of pets being stressed by changes that may occur in their usual schedule. This can result in them becoming sick or attempting to escape, especially if they have a pet sitter or are left on their own for long periods of time.”
There are a few things that pet parents should add to their checklist as December approaches, says Roache. These are his tips:
- If you are going away and can’t take your pets with you, be sure to arrange a pet sitter or book them into a kennel or cattery, preferably one they have happily stayed at before or comes well recommended.
- If your pet is on regular medication, have the script filled for the December period as your vet may be working reduced hours or may be closed over certain periods.
- Don’t forget to add your pet to Santa’s nice list – who better to buy a chew toy or new bed for?
- If you are staying at home for the December break, schedule in some family walks with your dog, it is not only great bonding time, but you’ll all get some exercise, especially after long and deliciously indulgent lunches.
- Sign-up for pet insurance – with dotsure.co.za it takes less than five minutes online and, with different options covering accidents and illness, it is one less thing to worry about.
“After a hectic 2019, we are all in need of a break and with our pets taken care of we will be able to relax that little bit more,” concludes Roache.
*As rated on Hellopeter.com at time of publication
dotsure.co.za is the first and only insurance provider in South Africa to insure cats, dogs and a range of exotic pets. dotsure.co.za is a product of Oakhurst Insurance Company Limited (FSP 39925) and Oakhurst Life Limited (FSP 44793), authorised financial services providers. www.dotsure.co.za
For media queries, high res imagery or more information please contact Julia Rice at Republic PR on 011 682 1976 or email@example.com
Liked this? You’ll love these
December 2, 2019
November 28, 2019
November 27, 2019
November 26, 2019
November 18, 2019
November 18, 2019