If you have dotsure.co.za Name Your Price™ (NYP) car insurance, or if you’re planning on signing up for such a policy in the future, you may be well aware of the flexibility associated with this cover. If not, don’t sweat it! We have your back with a summary of how you can customize your car insurance to make it suit your needs (and your pocket, of course 😉).
Just bear in mind that the cover limitations you choose to add to, or exclude from, your Name Your Price™ policy, will have an impact on your monthly premium, and most importantly, on your cover, depending on your needs and driving behaviour.
The cover options*
You will have access to the standard cover options namely:
- Comprehensive cover – you can enjoy cover for any accidental loss or damage to your vehicle because of a specific insured event.
- Comprehensive – cash settlement – you will enjoy the same cover as under the Comprehensive cover option; however, any valid claims will be settled by means of a once-off cash payment to you.
- Third party, fire and theft – your cover will be restricted to loss of, or damage to, your vehicle because of fire, self-ignition, lightning or explosion, theft, hijacking or attempted theft or hijacking. You will also be covered for damage to a third party’s property within the borders of South-Africa.
- Third Party only – you will only have cover for damage to a third party’s property within the borders of South Africa, and no cover for loss of, or damage to, your own property.
- Total loss – here you will only be covered if the claim is for the total loss of the insured property. A total loss is, for instance, where your car has been stolen or written off following an accident. Under this cover option, we write your vehicle off if the repair cost is more than 70% of its current insured value.
Optional cover limitations*
You may choose to apply any one of the following optional cover limitations to your policy:
If chosen to exclude this cover, you will not have cover for damage to your windshield and windows of your vehicle.
If chosen to exclude this cover, your vehicle will not be covered for loss or damage resulting from hail.
If you’re not on the road that often, you may consider some of the following cover limitations to reduce your premium even further:
Time of day
Not a night owl or an early bird? Then you can exclude night-time driving from your policy. This means that you won’t be covered for loss or damage which occurs between 21:00 and 05:00.
Don’t believe in long distance traveling? Well, if you don’t drive more than 1,000 kilometres a month, you might want to include this cover limitation. This means that your vehicle will only be covered for the first 1,000 kilometres travelled in a month.
Days of the week
Do you often indulge in weekend breakaways, or do you prefer to rather just chill at home? If the latter, you can consider excluding the driving-over-weekends cover from your policy. Opting out will exclude cover for loss or damage which occur between 21:00 on Friday and 05:00 on a Monday, which will allow you to save on your premium.
We also offer different driver options, which will affect your premium.
Who will be driving your car? If you select a nominated driver or single driver policy, your premium will be lower than it would be if an open driver policy option is selected.
An open driver policy means that anybody may drive your vehicle with your permission, whilst in possession of a valid driver’s licence, and you will still be covered for loss or damage to your vehicle. This type of policy usually carries a higher premium due to higher risk involved.
A nominated driver policy means that only the individuals, in possession of a valid driver’s licence, stipulated on your policy schedule will be allowed to drive your car.
A single driver policy means that only the person noted as the regular driver on the policy will be allowed to drive the car to enjoy the cover.
Your dotsure.co.za Manage Portal allows you the freedom to make changes to your cover options. We hope you enjoy being in full control of your insurance and your premium!
*T&Cs apply and can be obtained by contacting us via email on email@example.com. The above information is for educational purposes only. Please refer to your policy wording and policy schedule to ensure you know exactly what you are covered for.